What is it a Chip Minimizer?
A chip minimizer is a rounded edge on the inside perimeter of your sink cutout. It reduces the risk of chipping the edge. This is commonly caused by banging or hitting cookware on the cutout itself.
Why should I get a Chip Minimizer?
A chip minimizer gives you the freedom to use your new kitchen without the worry of possibly damaging your counter, keeping your sink cutout looking new. The chip minimizer comes with a lifetime chip repair warranty.*
How much does chip repair cost?
The average chip repair costs between $200 and $250 per incident. Overtime, the chip minimizer pays for itself!
*Warranty is for repair only, no replacements. Repairs may be visible and felt. Not all chips can be repaired. Larger chips will need the broken piece to facilitate the best possible repair.
A Customized Layout (CL) is one that is created by our technicians that considers more than just grain flow when designing. It is typically reserved for more exotic colors, and slabs that have multi-directional flow. The CL would be offered to the customer that has specific areas of the stone in mind for certain pieces or areas in the home. It is not offered on every project and can be purchased for a fee.
We start out by reviewing any notes from the slab selection that indicate specific instructions on where certain features of the stone need to be utilized. We take those suggestions and implement them into the design. Due to slab size or condition, we may not be able to accommodate all of the suggestions. We will make every effort to include everything requested providing we have enough usable area on the slabs designated for the project.
The customer will then be sent a JPEG with the layout of the kitchen transposed on to the actual slabs that are selected. If the usable area allows, the customer will be given the opportunity to shift pieces in order to achieve the desired result. Keep in mind that not all requests will be able to be achieved, but we will accommodate all that we can. If we cannot meet every request, the customer will receive a short explanation as to the reason why.
Once the customer receives the CL, we request that it be viewed in a timely fashion. Though we never want to rush a decision, we do need to expedite approvals in order to keep the project moving along. It is recommended that the file be viewed on a high-quality desktop monitor or a tablet that exceeds 8 inches. Viewing on your phone is acceptable, but to really see the layout you should try to use a computer or tablet.
Once confirmation is received the project can then be moved to the production phase. If anything should happen to the material that forces a layout change, that change will be approved without customer consent. Our technicians will make decisions to provide the best possible layout to the customer that avoids any previously undiscovered issues we deem unacceptable to be put in the top.
If this unavoidable instance occurs, the customer will be refunded the full fee. There will be NO compensation or additional refunds given in this case.
If the customer chooses not to purchase the CL option, their project will be designed to the best of our staff ability, with particular focus on grain flow, color match, and overall aesthetic beauty. There will be no compensation or refunds given due to the customers’ dissatisfaction with the layout if CL is not purchased.
Reasons why you should purchase the HRSW Surface Cleaner:
- Time-tested since 2005.
- It can be shipped anywhere in the US.
- Microfiber cloth included.
- Polishes without streaks.
- Extends the life of the sealer.
- pH balanced, non-waxy, non-abrasive formula.
- It's what the professionals use!
- Apply this product to disinfect hard, stone surfaces. Spray 6-8 inches from surface.
- Keep on the surface for 10 minutes to kill fungi and bacteria.
- Wipe dry with a paper towel.
- Wipe over again with your signature Hard Rock Stone Works hand towel.
Store only in original container. Keep this product under locked storage sufficient to make it inaccessible to children or persons unfamiliar with its proper use.
First and foremost, thank you again for trusting Hard Rock Stone Works to fabricate and install your beautiful natural stone! We appreciate your business. Included in your purchase, you are guaranteed a limited warranty for up to 90 days from the final installation. Don’t worry, your warranty has already been approved and generated in our system based on that completion date.
Here is what the limited warranty includes:
- We stand by our impregnating sealer we apply to your countertops before they leave our shop and are installed. This means if you have any issue with staining within the first 90 days of being installed, we will send a qualified technician to remove the stain. We will also apply a second application of sealer as a precautionary measure so this shouldn’t happen again.
- Sink Installation
- Our undermount sink harnessing system is state of the art. In addition to applying a bead of silicone around the rim of your undermount sink to adhere it to the underside of your stone, we install a harness that acts as a cradle for your sink. This harness mounts into four points of the inside of your sink base cabinet. Just in case over time your silicone does dry out and give up, the cradle will prevent the sink from falling into the cabinet base. If your sink harness hasn’t been clipped and is still intact, we will send a qualified technician out to remount your sink.
- We take pride in the quality of our seams. If for whatever reason the color matched epoxy dissipates or separates, we will send a qualified technician to make your seam good as new!
Do you feel these three items covered under the limited warranty have value? We absolutely do! That’s why we’re offering to extend this warranty for up to FIVE YEARS! The cost of this warranty is calculated based on the size of your project. So, if you are in fact interested, please ask your sales associate for pricing details.
One final thought… let’s say you do have to submit a request for us to come out and service. Our streamlined process is easy! Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your warranty number, name, address, phone number and a brief description of what you need serviced. Pictures are also very helpful so we can determine who we need to send, what equipment is needed, and how long we will need to allocate for the service to be completed correctly. Our service team is dedicated to meeting daily to review any requests, create a game plan, and then contact the customer for scheduling. Please allow up to 24 hours for us to contact you for scheduling.